How We Can Help Treat Your Headaches
A headache can really put a damper on your day—especially when it happens frequently at work or school. If this is a continuing problem for you, you may have to seek help from a professional. There are several ways that Dr. Steven Syrop can treat headaches, including chronic migraines, at his Manhattan, NY office.
Top Causes of Headaches
Headaches are associated with a long list of medical ailments, but they can also happen due to issues in your environment. Here are some of the most common potential causes:
- Stress and anxiety.
- Migraines, which are related to vascular and nerve issues.
- Hangovers after drinking alcohol.
- Lack of sleep or a sleep disorder.
- Low blood sugar or poor diet.
- High blood pressure.
- Congestion due to allergies or sinusitis.
Dr. Syrop can help treat your head pain at his Manhattan office. The treatment depends on the cause and type of headache you’re experiencing (primary or secondary). A secondary headache is caused by another health issue. Here are some common remedies:
- NSAID medications.
- Heat therapy to gently ease away pain.
- Physical therapy and massage.
- A diet consultation to find out what may be triggering headaches.
- Treatment of the primary source of the headache (for instance, a sleep apnea device to ensure you get a good night’s rest).
In addition to treatments, there are also ways that you can manage headaches to minimize pain. Consider these tips and discuss headache prevention methods with your doctor:
- Be more aware of stressful situations that may precede headaches. For instance, worrying about a big assignment at work.
- Avoid consuming too much alcohol at night, as this can cause morning headaches.
- Keep a journal of the food you eat each day and highlight times when you have headache pain.
It’s not normal to have to deal with chronic headaches and migraines—let Dr. Syrop help. Call 212-969-9166 to schedule a visit to his office in Manhattan, NY.